Bad Look For #MLB’s Flag-Disrespecting Kneeler

Share this post

Oakland sports media was flooded the last couple days on how Bruce Maxwell was unfairly treated when he went home to Alabama, a restaurant (single waiter even in his version) refused to serve him because of the way he disrespected the country. Bruce of course framed it as “the waiter said he was a Trump supporter!”

Bruce’s actions even in that statement are shown to be all about partisan politics to show his hate for America and and not about any real “raising awareness” as we already knew. But it turns out that whole incident was fabricated. The Daily Caller did some real journalism, and looked into it:  

“He is outright lying. This is really upsetting as he was given full service, I didn’t even know who Bruce Maxwell was,” Matt Henry, a 42-year-old waiter at Keegan’s Public House, told Fox News. “This all started because I carded his friend who wanted to order a beer.”

According to Henry, an Alabama native, Maxwell was dining with local Democratic councilman Devyn Keith and another friend who produced an expired ID, and the server refused to serve him a drink — which upset the friend, who followed him into the kitchen.

“He asked me, don’t you know who Bruce Maxwell is, and told me I was making everyone feel uncomfortable. Nobody was even paying attention to them,” Henry claimed. “I didn’t know anything about him or the kneeling. All I know is a friend of mine 15 years ago lost his job for serving someone a drink who happened to be underage, so if anyone looks under 30, I’m going to card them.”

The waiter said that the councilman then complained to the restaurant’s manager about Maxwell being uncomfortable, and the manager simply swapped me to another table, and that it was “no big deal.”

SJWs always lie.

If you want some truth about baseball, and about honest men doing real things to reshape a world — or worlds, read my heartwarming sci-fi baseball novella, Gravity of the Game, available here.  


Share this post

17 thoughts on “Bad Look For #MLB’s Flag-Disrespecting Kneeler

        • immensely wealthy athletes who have opportunities to excel that are simply nonexistent in other countries scream oppression or racism or whatever injustice du jour is deeply insulting and demonstrates an unjustifiable hatred.
          Want to see real injustice: look at the Yazids, Kurds, the Hindi and Christian Pakistanis and the African albinos.
          That’s REAL injustice, REAL hatred, REAL death. Not a bunch of catered and spoiled rich athletes who’ve faced mild obstacles.
          They can indeed protest but not when we’re paying them during working hours. They can use their wealth to create non profit entities during the off season or even run for office if they’re that passionate about issues.

          • Many of them do have non-profits, including Colin Kapernick. Also, it’s worth noting Bruce Maxwell is not “immensely wealthy”

            But most importantly, why should anyone, immensely wealthy or not, be required to limit their freedom of expression to ensure John and Xavier aren’t Triggered?

          • I’m not even American. So I can’t be triggered because I really don’t care about the anthem. It’s a question of respect. The athletes have reached a career that less than 1% of the population will ever have the chance with a salary and revenue that again the same 99% will never ever reach.
            And they complain about systemic racism? Really? These immensely wealth athletes snivel about being discrimination and what an awful place the US is? So why not move to Canada? Or Europe Or Mexico?

            They’re so willfully clueless. Try living as a real despised minority who will be killed with impunity and the powers that be not only cover up but actively encourage murders and oppressive discrimination.
            As flawed as the US is;it’s far superior to a lot of other countries in giving opportunities and tries to be decent.

      • What is it with the Trolls of late are they getting lamer or what? To all wannbe Trolls go look at Trumps Twitter account and learn from the grandmaster of trolling.

    • Good to know, Ryan.

      But I see no substantive response to the reporting that Bruce Maxwell, or someone with him, made up a whopper, a fib, a bald faced lie to smear people on the other side of the political divide.

      Jon: “SJWs always lie.”

      Ryan: “SQUIRREL!!!!!”

        • And If you had said that initially, I might be inclined to believe that your comments were sincere believed, though wrong.

          But you led with the non sequitur. And now, Now, you want to throw the Squirrel reference around.

          Slow clap, Ryan. Slow. Clap.

    • Related: If anyone’s interested in seeing daily internet beatdowns of SJW’s in the Boston area check out They are fighting the good fight over there and winning. I don’t even live on the east coast but they are awesome.

  1. Oh, for crying out loud, I am a woman in my mid-fifties with long silver hair. I am clearly of legal drinking age, and I still get carded–and guess what, if I offered an expired ID, they would not serve me, because by law, they can’t, and can in fact lose their liquor license and pay a big fine if they do.

    Pulling the “don’t you know who we are” card is just gross. And the answer to that is “No, why would I?” I don’t follow baseball, and I wouldn’t know one of my city council members if they walked up to me and bit me on the ass.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *