Not the new ones, as I didn’t bother rewatching those recently. Those are just parodies of Trek in my opinion. But the old movies are like this in my opinion:
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home – This is just too funny and cute. It’s pure fan service across the board as the aging crew does what you want them to do and makes you laugh. Some people don’t rate this highly because of the comedic elements, but it is classic trek with a funky time travel plot which they love to do in episdoes.
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country – wrapping up the series, wrapping up the cold war, it’s fun to look at this from a perspective of Chernobyl and the USSR’s collapse. Really well done. The moment at the end where the crew was told to go back to spacedock and you can see the actors tearing up gets me every time.
- Star Trek: The Motion Picture – Really underrated film. It’s long. It’s got too many slow moments, sure, but they were doing technical wizardry and this is really the best actual science fiction plot of out of all of them.
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan – You’re shocked i rated this this low, yes? I think it’s a bit overrated. The above three are strictly more interesting while this is a revenge plot. I also hate the scene with the crap going into the people’s ears to mind control them. It’s gross.
- Star Trek III: The Search For Spock – also undderrated. This is pretty fun even if the whole like new Spock body mind transfer thing doesn’t make sense and how would the Vulcans know how to do that? It’s creepy.
- Star Trek: First Contact – TNG’s first appearance on the list. They just didn’t make the movies right like they did the original cast. Still this is a solid movie and worth watching.
- Star Trek: Insurrection – A really long “two parter” episode that didn’t feel like a feature film. Still some good character moments and fun.
- Star Trek: Generations – They shouldn’t have killed Kirk like this. It’s anti-climactic even if he did “save 3 billion lives.” And they shouldn’t have crashed the enterprise. Why do that in film #1 of a new franchise?
- Star Trek: Nemesis – I didn’t bother rewatching this cuz it’s trash.
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier – I didn’t bother rewatching this cuz it’s trash.
Still, 8 out of 10 movies are watchable. That’s not a bad run, even if Generations barely makes the cut.